847-864-6181 ext. 226 email@example.com
A Diaper Pantry for Evanston
Bundled Blessings supplies diapers to families in need through partnerships with local social service agencies. The diaper pantry is a mission outreach program of First United Methodist Church of Evanston.
The pantry works with nine partner agencies serving up to 250 children in the local community – distributing up to 12,500 diapers each month. It is the only diaper pantry in Evanston.
What is diaper need?
Diapers are as essential to a child’s health and well-being as food and shelter. One in three families struggles to afford adequate diapers to keep their babies and toddlers clean and dry. This diaper need has been called a “silent crisis.” Federal programs including SNAP or Link Card (formerly Food Stamps) and WIC do not cover the cost of diapers. Most childcare centers require parents to provide disposable diapers. Parents may not be able to work or go to school if their children cannot attend childcare.
For more facts on the diaper need click here.
What we do
Each month Bundled Blessings supplies local social service agencies with diapers to distribute to families in need. The pantry does not distribute diapers directly to individuals or families. On a monthly basis the pantry supplies up to 12,500 diapers to help up to 250 children in the Evanston community.
The all-volunteer staff provides information about diaper need, offers opportunities for volunteer service, and assists individuals and businesses in conducting diaper drives.
Our current partner agencies are:
- Childcare Network of Evanston
- Connections for the Homeless
- District 65 Doorway to Learning Child Care Center
- District 65 Early Head Start Program
- Family Advocacy Center at Family Focus
- Infant Welfare Society of Evanston, Teen Baby Family Support Program
- Infant Welfare Society of Evanston, Baby Toddler Nursery
- Refugee Resettlement at Catholic Charities of the Archdiocese of Chicago
- Y.O.U., Street Outreach Program
What you can do
- Drop off new or opened packages of diapers at one of our diaper drop-off barrels located in the community. Click here for current drop-off locations.
Make a monetary donation.
- 100% of all donations are used to purchase diapers and are tax deductible.
- Click here to donate online.
- Send a check made out to First United Methodist Church of Evanston (indicate Bundled Blessings in the memo line).
Host a diaper drop-off barrel.
- We provide the barrel and pick up the diapers each month.
- Place a barrel in your business or organization on a temporary or permanent basis.
Host a diaper drive.
- We provide a diaper drive kit and collection bins, and pick up the diapers for you.
Who we are
The Bundled Blessings diaper pantry is housed within the First United Methodist Church of Evanston and is an outreach program of the church. The pantry began in September 2013 and is run by an all-volunteer staff. Bundled Blessings is a member of the National Diaper Bank Network.
Bundled Blessings is in the news. Read more about us here.
Bundled Blessings Diaper Pantry
First United Methodist Church
516 Church Street, Evanston IL 60201
Phone: 847-864-6181 ext. 226